- Career Officer (28 years)
- After graduation – assigned to SAC B-29’s. at Randolph AFB, Texas; formed into a flying crew and assigned to Combat Crew Training at Forbes AFB, KS.
- Sent to Yakota AFB, Japan in 1953 to support the Korean conflict…. That, fortunately ended --- sent back to Randolph AFB TX.
- Sent TDY to Tyndall AFB, FL to fly B-29’s in the Tow Target Sqdn – supporting Moody AFB’s Gunnery Training.
- Selected for the AFIT program to attend Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL to complete BS degree in Meteorology/ Mathematics.
- After college graduation – sent to Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ for duty as Weather Officer for the 307th Bomb Wing
- Sent TDY to Maxwell AFB, AL to attend Squadron Officers School
- Assigned to Osan AFB, Korea as F-105 Weather Officer.
- Returned to the States – assigned to Chanute AFB, IL to become Chief/ Electronic Principles in the Weather Department at the Technical Training Center
- Assigned as Weather Detachment Commander at Mildenhall AFB, England
- Ordered “back to the cockpit” after 18 months
- Assigned to Charleston AFB, SC to fly the C-141. Additionally, assigned as Chief of Current Operations – responsible for the scheduling of all C-141 and C-5 aircraft flying out of Charleston (primarily to SEA)
- Selected as part of the Initial Cadre for the C-5, with training at Altus AFB, OK
- Was made Commander of one of the 3 Flying Squadrons at Charleston AFB, SC ---my C-141 Squadron --- the 41st judged “Best in Mac” for year of 1970
- During the Viet Nam era – sent to Saigon at Tan Son Nhut as IG with the Military Advisory Group
- Assigned state side –Scott AFB, IL to become Director- MAC Officer Assignments and Director of Personnel Plans, Headquarters MAC
- Assigned to McGuire AFB, NJ - assumed duties as Base Commander.
- Retired from McGuire AFB NJ in 1976 as a Colonel with 28 years service
- Planes flown: T-6, B-25, B-29, T-33, C-45, L-20, C-123, T-39, C-141, C-5, and C-54. Total Flying hours ---7,000
Took a Volunteer Job - District Coordinator for IRS/TaxAide .. a cooperation between AARP and IRS – providing Free Income Tax assistance for Low/Middle Income clients. Served in this capacity for 26 years --- retiring this year!
Married Sassy Miller in 1955.
Have 2 sons – and 3 Grandchildren
Recreation: Golf, Racquet Ball, Bridge and Bowling
Actively involved in the formation of 52-G Association in 1992 and have been the Treasurer ever since.